… MARIJUANA NEWS frum Lot 420 …
..Money 2 burn or invest? well, not I but if i did have lotsa money to invest with my 420 greeting.com werld i would put it here an there, but well mainly here if i had a lot of it..I been attempting to get a few specific individuals interested in my company to no avail, so i guess i’ll have to start like the little guy, an spread my wings slowly! do it one dollar one day one step at a time Its a non profit anyhow so money is for others eventually anyhow! So … 🙂 read up an check this out!. An if’n ur like me maybe this is a good place to start investigating.could be ur childs retirement! ya neva know!….
Privateer Holdings, the world’s first private equity firm investing exclusively in the legal cannabis industry, was founded in 2010 by three MBAs with decades of experience in private equity and venture capital. The firm previously closed $22 million in funding through the combination of a Series A fundraising round and a convertible bridge note. Until today’s announcement, Privateer Holdings’ investors consisted solely of ultra-high net worth individuals and family offices.
Founders Fund was the first institutional investor in revolutionary companies SpaceX and Palantir Technologies, and one of the earliest investors in Facebook. The firm is sector and stage agnostic, with a portfolio that includes Airbnb, Counsyl, Knewton, Lyft, Oculus, SolarCity, Spotify, Stripe, and ZocDoc. Recent portfolio company exits include The Climate Corporation, DeepMind, and Yammer.
In an industry as fast-moving as the cannabis industry, Privateer Holdings has established itself as a company of firsts:
- Privateer Holdings was the first private equity firm to make an investment in the cannabis industry when it acquired Leafly in 2011.
- Privateer Holdings was the first to close a Series A funding round for $7 million in 2013.
- Patrick Moen became the first agent to leave the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for a position in the cannabis industry when he joined Privateer Holdings in November 2013.
- Privateer Holdings is the only American company to operate a federally licensed commercial cannabis cultivation operation at its Tilray facility in Nanaimo, British Columbia.
- On Aug. 3, Leafly became the first cannabis company to place a full-page print advertisement in The New York Times.
- Privateer Holdings, in partnership with the family of Bob Marley, launched the world’s first global cannabis brand Marley Natural on November 18, 2014.
- Privateer Holdings has now received the first major institutional investment in the legal cannabis industry.
Privateer Holdings will use the investment from Founders Fund to continue building mainstream companies and professional brands that elevate the conversation about cannabis for patients and consumers around the world….read more > click here!